The Club intends to financially support the development of a number of coaches over the next few years. Ideally the Club could draw upon the expertise of three or four coaches to support members with:-
- C25K program. Aim to inspire them to make the next steps-be involved at the first and last session.
- Wednesday nights. Run with a range of groups and discuss options for improvements to individuals. Support /enhance run leaders on runs with related techniques and drills to enhance and add structure to the club night experience.
- Provide dedicated half marathon and marathon coaching either on a different day and / or extra distance to extend peoples Wednesday night run.
- Technical training sessions
- Provide a general-improvers and PB hunters short course
- Hills and speed training could be linked to the above
- Identify training plans to give people generic training programs for any distance race.
The coaching course is generally held over 3 days and requires coaching activities to be recorded and submitted to EA. In return EA provide a mentor and support whilst undertaking the programme. Typically, it will take between 6-12 months to complete