As an individual involved in the delivery of sport or health and wellbeing across the Malvern Hills district, or wider afield across Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We hope you find this e-bulletin of interest, or would support us by forwarding it on to anyone you feel may be interested.
COMMUNITY ACTIVITY AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (CARDO)
Salary £23 – 25k
Closing Date – Friday 25th September 2015
The principal role of the CARDO is:-
- To support people to lead more healthy and active lifestyles through the organisation and delivery of sport, physical activity and health related programmes and initiatives. These maybe within the Leisure Centres (Malvern Splash, Tenbury Pool, Sport Dyson Perrins and Sport Martley) or within community facilities and public open space across the district.
Key Aspects of the CARDO role will include:-
- To increase sport and wellbeing participation within the local district, primarily but not exclusively through activities at the leisure centres and though outreach into the rural communities
- To ensure a planned approach to sport and physical activity development, in conjunction with local community groups
- To contribute to the financial success of the leisure centres through sustainable sporting and wellbeing activities
- To promote and develop a wide-ranging sport and wellbeing programme to increase participation for all sections of the community, with projects targeting underrepresented groups
- To assist with the development and management of the Sport & Activity Development program, ensuring its implementation in line with the corporate strategy
- To establish and manage data collection to obtain a true reflection of participation in the contract area.
For More Information and to download an application form visit –