Coronavirus Updates - 27th March 2020
Malvern Joggers 10k 2020 Postponement Notice
With regret we are postponing the Malvern Joggers 10k, 10th June, 2020
For obvious reasons, this is the right and sensible thing to do right now, but we would really like to host the event in 2020 if at all possible. We will try and run this later in the year, but with the current situation we do not feel in a position to confirm a date at the moment. If we are not able to book a revised date this year then we will defer to a 2021 date
For those people that have already booked, we will be in contact via email and there are three options:-
1. Keep your place for the revised date - You don’t have to do anything here, we will transfer your entry as soon as we have a new date
2. Refund - We recognise that in the current situation, some people will prefer to get their money back. We can refund most of your entry fee, minus the initial transaction costs
3. Donation to Charity – We have chosen Acorns Children’s Hospice as our charity this year and anything we can do to support them is very much appreciated
If you have any questions, please do get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com
Update from Chairman - 16th March 2020 (Warwick Taylor): I'm very sorry to inform you that based on the government advice to avoid non essential social contact, the committee have taken the decision to cancel both Wednesday night joggers and also circuits until further notice and with immediate effect - so no circuits tonight. I am sorry to have to do this as we all enjoy running together so much, but is is absolutely the right thing to do at this time. We will keep you updated on any changes to this and hope to be back very soon. Please pass this on to your fellow runners, do keep running and stay strong. If you do have any questions or concerns then let any member of the committee know.
We are an established band of people who have enjoyed socialising and jogging since 2003. We love new people of all abilities to come and join us for a jog around Malvern, you don't need to be a member of the club and it won't cost you anything, you can just turn up and decide which group you would like to run with. We actively support folk who have never run before and provide a walk-jog group.
Our main club night is on a Wednesday evening at 7pm. During the winter there is a core fitness circuit training session on Monday evenings at 7.30 provided by Malvern St James in the Dome. Club members also organise runs at other times of the week so please check out the website for details of runs and training sessions. During the summer months we are out on the hills. Please read our risk assessment here first.
Malvern Joggers are affiliated to England Athletics number 2659107
Our Next Club Run
Our next run is on Wednesday from Malvern St James Sports and Fitness Centre at 7pm
Our pub for this weeks post run is The Morgan
We meet every Wednesday at 7:00 pm and run for about an hour. People who run with us range in ability from complete beginners to crazy fell runners and we run in a number of groups to cater for everyone. We always make sure that nobody is ever left behind.
We usually have groups that keep to the following paces: Beginners walk/run, Intermediate run/walk, 12min/mi, 11min, 10:30min, 10min, 9min, 8:30min, 8min.
Why not come along …
What to wear on a run?
- If it’s 10-12°C outside, it feels like 20°C on a run. Wear running tights or running shorts with a long sleeve running top. For weather protection, take a lightweight waterproof that’s easy to stuff into your pocket or tie around your waist.
- If it’s 5°C outside, it feels like 15°C on a run. Wear running tights with a technical base layer and warm or lighter-weight long sleeve running top with a waterproof and windproof jacket.
- If it’s 0°C outside, it feels like 10°C on a run. Wear thermal running tights or compression tights with a technical base layer, long sleeve top and weatherproof jacket.
- If it’s -2°C or below outside, it feels like 8°C on a run. Wear winter-weight running tights with a base layer, long sleeve top and waterproof and windproof jacket. Protection for head and hands is advisable too.
Other Club Activities
Nothing that catches your eye? Check out our Facebook page for the latest social runs in Malvern and surrounding area each day
FREE Circuit classes for all members (£3 for non-members) - 19:30-20:15pm. MSJ Dome Imperial Road.
Lots of Local Park runs - More details here