Location Manor Park sports centre
The agenda is here: http://www.malvernjoggers.co.uk/agm-agenda-7th-feb/
Here are some notes from last year:
Malvern Joggers AGM 8th February 2017
Matters arising from the meeting at Manor Park
- Emily Seyler was co-opted as a member to the committee. Her principal role is organising run leaders for club nights.
- There was discussion over the cost of after club run food. One member asked that the money be donated to charity rather than pay for food for those attending the social aspect of club nights.
- A member asked about the cost of Chip Timing at the MJ’s 10k and were there less expensive alternatives.
- LIRF training opportunities were asked about.
The next Herefordshire Cross country is
WHEN: February 4, 2018 @ 10:45 am
WHERE: Presteigne woods
park between Leisure Centre and woods
Presteigne Pacers XC WINTER LEAGUE
Last race in winter series. Women run a shorter course, starting at 10.45. Men start at 11am. Presentations afterward
I notice our neighbours over the hill are crowing because their teams beat both of ours for the 1st time on the last race We can’t have that, time to call up the big guns Fortunately Natalie Bennett Nee Courage is back and we are strengthened by the addition of the speedy Jodie Pemberton Moffatt..Andrew Dickenson Mike Bolton Ace D. Ben Matt Scriven and co if you are available its the last of the series and it would be good to have you back.. Joking apart ALL abilities are welcome, we were lucky to have new recruits Sue Lewis and Kay Chambers for the last one who both did great and enjoyed the experience. The ladies run a shorter course on this one, in a pretty woodland setting. Hope you can make it.
Malvern Joggers AGM 7th February 2018 Manor Park 8.30pm
1. Minutes and matters arising from the last AGM
2. Chairman’s annual summary
3. Accounts and reports from committee members
4. Election of committee members (note all the committee members are willing to stand again with the exception of the secretary’s role.
5. London Marathon. Allocation of places
Applications for any post are welcomed and should be emailed to me –firstname.lastname@example.org – by Monday 22 January)
5. Selection of MJs’ Charity 2017-Presentations by the charities or their supporters
6. AOB. Due to the large number of people who normally attend the AGM and the time available all AOB items must be forwarded to Carl by the closing date.
More soon – but the beta site at clowndes.org.uk/MJ is now just an archive
We’ve been discussing for a while how to make best use of the material in the blog – and the idea is to merge it into the MJ website at http://www.malvernjoggers.co.uk.
More news as things happen 🙂
So far there has been no response to show that anyone is following this blog, so I propose to suspend it at the end of September unless it is useful .
Email if you would like it to continue.
Six Malvern Joggers went to Credenhill for the fourth running of this 6.3 mile Canter which started at 3pm from Credenhill Sports and Social Club. This was a lovely, friendly multi-terrain race which covered quiet country lanes, trails and woodland paths in Credenhill Woods which involved climbing some challenging hills and negotiating technical descents. The finish was at Credenhill Church followed by the prize presentation back at the Sports and Social Club. Over the past 4 years, £6,200 has been raised for the Hereford Special Care Baby Unit.
First Jogger home was Matt Scriven in a time of 45:15, 2nd overall and winning the trophy for 1st Under 50 male, followed by Steve Roode (54:35 – 2nd Under 60 male silver medal), Ian Walwyn (57:59 – 1st Under 70 male trophy), Julie Caseley (1:00:51 – 2nd Under 60 female silver medal), Vivien Tolley (1:16:54) and Lorraine Bunn (1:16:59).